TRUST Trivia: Tina Fey
Making the cover of Hollywood Reporter’s 2013 Emmy issue is TV-royal Elizabeth Stamatina “Tina” Fey. This beloved Darby, Pennsylvania native writes, acts, and produces comedy with the best of ’em, but there is nothing funny about her overwhelming multitude of awards and nominations.
The following are some trivia facts that will help you become the impressively informed Tina Fey fan you’ve always dreamt of being:
1. She made history as Saturday Night Live‘s first-ever female head writer.
2. She made her comedic debut as an actor and writer in the Chicago-based improv group The Second City. Here’s a black & white of the young star with long-time best-bud Amy Poehler.
3. She has a lot to brag about: seven Emmy Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, five Screen Actors Guild Awards, four Writers Guild of America Awards and a nomination for a Grammy Award for her autobiographical book Bossypants, which stayed at the top of the The New York Times Best Seller list for five weeks.
4. She is semi-fluent in German and was the recorded voice of the the British and German princesses in the Williams’ “Medieval Madness” pinball machine.
5. She has two daughters, Penelope Athena Richmond and Alice Zenobia Richmond with husband Jeff Richmond.
The world will have to wait to see if these two tiny Tinas grow up to be as funny as mom!